1200 grams vine-ripened tomatoes, halved
4 tablespoons One Nutrition MCT oil
2 tablespoon dried oregano or marjoram
Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
20 grams (2) cloves garlic, finely grated
1 large onion, finely diced (200 grams)
80 grams celery, finely diced (1 stem)
2 tablespoon tomato puree (50 grams)
1.5 litre vegetable stock
2 fresh buffalo mozzarella (250 grams)
Handful fresh basil, torn
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- Arrange the tomatoes in a baking tin, cut side up. Drizzle over 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then sprinkle ½ tablespoon oregano / marjoram and seasoning on top. Lightly massage, then place in oven and roast for 1 – 1 ½ hours, until softened and lightly charred.
- Heat the remaining MCT oil in a large pan over low heat. Add garlic and gently cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add diced onion, celery and marjoram/oregano and cook for 10 minutes more. Add tomato puree, cook for 1 minute. Add the roasted tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until slightly reduced, add basil then blitz with a hand blender until smooth. Season lightly to taste.
- When ready to serve, reheat soup gently, stirring occasionally. Do not boil for too long or it will lose some of its wonderful vibrant colour.
- Pour into individual bowls and scatter with mozzarella and drizzle with extra MCT oil.
Maggie’s Tip: Use this recipe as base for other soups, pasta sauce, meat sauce, fish sauce, dips and salsas.
Per serving (approx.):
Carbs 7 grams
Protein 8 grams
Fat 13 grams
Fibre 2.5 grams